Recipe by Chef Regina V. Smith
This recipe is from the December 1985 edition of Gourmet Magazine. You can prepare this dip up to 2 days in advance, but it must at a minimum be chilled for an hour.
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Pernod
- 1⁄3 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds, hulled and lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl cream together the cream cheese and Pernod until well blended.
- Stir in the cottage cheese, chives, sunflower seeds, sour cream, parsley, and the caraway seeds and combine the mixture well.
- Pack the dip into a crock or bowl and chill it, covered, for at least 1 hour and up to 48 hours.