4 hrs 30 mins
I myself am of Haitian and African decent but have always been drawn to Spanish culture I have infused recipes from all the Puerto Rican woman I grew up around and made it my own
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1I first marinate the pork shoulder
- 2I poke deep holes with a knife and stuff them with the fresh crushed garlic.
- 3I then sprinkle adobo all over
- 4Sprinkle salt all over
- 5Pour alittle extra virgin olive oil on the pork shoulder.
- 6Pour white vinegar at the bottom of the pan so it can mix later on with the reduction ( this will be your sauce or gravy ).
- 7Place pork shoulder in pan skin side up for two hours covered.
- 8Then place pork shoulder skin down covered for one hour.
- 9Then turn pork shoulder over skin facing up take cover off and cook one more hour or until golden brown.
- 10Take out let sit for ten minutes and enjoy !
- 11Don't forget to baste with juices from the bottom of pan while cooking.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pernil Roast Pork
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1338.1
- Calories from Fat 918
- Total Fat 102.0 g
- Saturated Fat 35.3 g
- Cholesterol 402.5 mg
- Sodium 368.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 97.4 g