Cook6 hrs 30 mins
This is a delicious way to cook pork. I got this recipe from my boyfriend who is from Puerto Rico. This also makes excellent, moist meat for Cuban sandwiches.
- Wash the pork shoulder.
- With a sharp knife, make 1 inch deep cuts into the pork.
- With mortar and pestle crush garlic, oregano and black pepper together. Add olive oil, vinegar and salt. Mix well.
- Spoon some of the garlic mixture inside the small cuts around the pork, and spread remaining mixture all over the pork.
- Place pork in an aluminum turkey pan (skin side up); cover with aluminum foil tightly. Refrigerate at least 8 hours. (I have marinated this for as long as two days.).
- Bake in pre-heated 325 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for another hour or until skin is crisp. Closely watch this so you don't burn the skin (chicharrone).
- Pork should be well-done and tender.