1/3 Photos of Perlini Pasta With Pesto
Heather Moloian's Note:
This is a wonderful, light pasta that can be purchased at specialty stores like Trader Joes's, Whole Foods or Bristol Farms. They look like little purses or pockets. I love working with this pasta, because the nooks in the top of the pasta, hold the pesto sauce very nicely. This is my original recipe! Enjoy! The pasta not only tastes good, it is a conversation piece!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of water to boil. Meanwhile in a food processor, prepare the pesto sauce.
- 2In a food processor, combine the nuts and garlic. Process to chop coarsely. Add the basil and olive oil and process to a coarse paste. Add the cheese and process briefly, just to incorporate it. The pesto should be fairly smooth, but have texture. Season with salt to your desired taste.
- 3Put the perlini pasta in a large shallow dish and gently cover the entire pasta with the pesto sauce. Serve immediately on a dinner plate. I recommend a side of my garlic asparagus (look for my recipe under this title). :).
- 4Garnish and add sides to your liking. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perlini Pasta With Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 826.9
- Calories from Fat 386
- Total Fat 42.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 198.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 22.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: