Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Perky Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (2 lb) bagfrozen hash browns (thawed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 5 -6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Mix together all ingredients EXCEPT butter and cornflakes.
- Put into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Mix together melted butter and corn flakes.
- Then spread over the top.
- Bake@ 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
We make this very recipe for family get-togethers. It is very easy. Definitely allow the potatoes to defrost before using them. I will use the corn flakes, or Special K, and more cheese. You can't go wrong making this- everyone loves it.
This has become one of our favorite ways to serve potatoes. I dropped the 1/4 cup butter for the topping, though. I don't think the recipe needs it, and the omission of the butter drops some of the fat calories. Thanks for sharing.