Recipe by cfletcher
This is a tasty, quick sandwich that I threw together in about 15 minutes for dinner tonight, but it could easily be a great lunch. It was cold and blustering out tonight and I was late in getting home. Sure didn't feel like making a great big dinner, so this was my solution--and it turned out mighty good for a quick dinner! Throw in a salad--or not, your choice! Either way it's a simple and delicious ending to a hectic day!
- 8 slices peameal bacon
- 2 crusty bread rolls, sliced
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat your pan to medium.
- Melt a little butter or margarine.
- Cook the peameal bacon until both sides are done, about 5 - 6 minutes.
- Turn on oven broiler.
- Mix 2-3 tbsp butter or margarine with 1/2 tbsp garlic powder (adjust to your taste--we like lots of garlic flavour).
- Spread garlic mixture on sliced buns.
- Broil the buns until golden brown.
- Put buns on a plate and top with the bacon, sliced tomato, mayo, mustard, salt and pepper to taste.
- Yum !