1/28 Photos of Perky Olive Penguins
These tuxedo-clad tidbits are actually ripe olives stuffed with a mildly seasoned cream cheese filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (5 3/4 ounce) can jumbo pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 12 small pitted ripe olives
- 12 toothpicks, with cellophane frilled tops
- 1 (2 ounce) jar sliced pimientos
- 1Cut a slit from the top to the bottom of 12 jumbo olives; set aside.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine the next six ingredients; mix well.
- 3Fill a small heavy-duty plastic bag with cream cheese mixture.
- 4Cut a small hole in the corner of the plastic bag; carefully pipe mixture into jumbo olives.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Cut a small triangle out of each carrot slice; press triangles into small olives for a beak.
- 7On each notched carrot slice, position a jumbo olive so the white chest is lined up with the notch for the feet.
- 8Place the small olive, hole side down, over the jumbo olive so the beak, chest and feet are aligned.
- 9Carefully insert a toothpick through the top of the head into the body and carrot base.
- 10Wrap a pimento around the neck for a scarf.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perky Olive Penguins
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 47.2
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.8 mg
- Sodium 174.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: