Recipe by Tinab1
This recipe has a nice sour cream flavor, not too tangy or bitter, with the added flavor of cream of chicken soup.
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen hash browns (not shredded)
- chopped onion (amount you desire)
- 1 (1 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (12 ounce) container sour cream (can be lowfat or no fat)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- crushed potato chips (plain or sour cream & onion)
- additional butter, to drizzle
- 1⁄2 cup shreaded cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, place the 1/2 stick of butter and put in oven to melt.
- Meanwhile, mix sour cream, onion,& cream of chicken, set aside; remove dish with melted butter from the oven, and pour hashbrowns in dish, and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over top to your liking.
- (If you desire to use shredded cheese, sprinkle this over top of Hashbrowns.) then pour sour cream mixture over top, and spread out evenly.
- Crush potato chips and sprinkle on top and drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes, checking occasionally for doneness.
- Potatoes should be tender, but not mushy.