Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. I received an email with this copycat recipe in it. It appears to be different from the other posted recipe on Zaar. From Chef Tom: "Potato pancakes are so good when served with some applesauce. Last week I made sauerbraten and I prepared these Perkins Potato Pancakes with it. I should have doubled the recipe, because the potato pancakes were gone in seconds!"
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 4 potatoes, shredded (or 2 1/2 cups frozen hash browns, defrosted)
- Combine all of the ingredients, except for the potatoes, in a large mixing bowl. Beat by hand until smooth. Add the potatoes to the batter and mix by hand until the potatoes are combined. Let the batter rest while you preheat a skillet to about medium heat.
- Grease the pan with some butter.
- Ladle 1/4 cup scoops of batter into the pan. Cook as many at a time as will fit comfortably into your pan. Cook each pancake for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side until brown.
Exactly like Perkins. Yummy!
I used half zucchini and half potatoes and still YUMMY!
I have been looking for this recipe for years! Thank you so much for posting. It does taste like the Perkins pancakes. I used leftover mashed potatoes with success too!