Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
When we moved to the country, we had a kind neighbor that welcomed us and shared knowledge with us. He had raised meat rabbits for many years and was very excited when I showed interest in cooking one up. Mr. Perkey shared this recipe with me, and while I've tried other rabbit recipes out there, I really enjoy this one the best. Maybe it's homage to his memory - he passed away November of 2012 - but me, my husband and three little ones all gobble this up.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Roll rabbit pieces in melted butter.
- Season all sides with salt, pepper and Greek seasoning.
- Arrange pieces in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Add water (you may use a little less than 1/2 cup).
- Seal tightly with foil.
- Bake one hour.
- Remove from oven, remove foil, and flip pieces over.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes.
- Flip pieces again and bake a final 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.