1/2 Photos of Perkedel Jagung (Indonesian Corn Fritters)
After much searching...I found a yummy Indonesian recipe that is not already posted here at Zaar. It looks very uncomplicated, not TOO exotic & delicious. If you make this before me (next week), please let me know what you think. This particular version was on somebody's blog...most of the other versions I found hadn't been translated!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ears fresh corn, kernels removed from the cob
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic chives (chinese leeks)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1Combine the coriander seeds, black peppercorns, shallots, garlic, rock salt and sugar in a mortar and pound until a smooth paste is formed. Set aside.
- 2In a bowl, lightly pound corn, then add in spice paste mixing until well combined. Add in Chinese leeks, then add in the rice flour and toss to coat evenly. Add in beaten egg and stir until well blended.
- 3Drop by the spoonful into hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Remove and drain well.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perkedel Jagung (Indonesian Corn Fritters)
Serving Size: 1 (487 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.2
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 16.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: