Christmas Carol's Note:
I searched a while for a really good potato pancake recipe. Several I tried were too bland for our tastes, or just too dry. This one from Quick Cooking is moist, flavorful, and just a fabulous side dish for any meat entree. Bravo to the chef!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and grate the potatoes.
- 2Squeeze excess moisture from potatoes with paper towels.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and flour until blended.
- 4Stir in egg, cream, onion salt, and cayenne pepper until smooth.
- 5Add potatoes and cheese and mix well.
- 6In a large skillet, heat 1/8 inch of oil to 375°F.
- 7Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls into skillet and press lightly to flatten.
- 8Fry for approximately 5 minutes per side or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
- 9Drain on paper towels.
- 10Note; To freeze potato pancakes, arrange in a single layer on baking sheet/ Freeze overnight/ Place in a resealable plastic bag/ Can be frozen up to 2 months/ To bake, place frozen pancakes on a lightly greased baking sheet/ Bake at 400F for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perked-up Potato Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.8
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 40.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 3.5 g