Christmas Carol's Note:
I searched a while for a really good potato pancake recipe. Several I tried were too bland for our tastes, or just too dry. This one from Quick Cooking is moist, flavorful, and just a fabulous side dish for any meat entree. Bravo to the chef!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and grate the potatoes.
- 2Squeeze excess moisture from potatoes with paper towels.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and flour until blended.
- 4Stir in egg, cream, onion salt, and cayenne pepper until smooth.
- 5Add potatoes and cheese and mix well.
- 6In a large skillet, heat 1/8 inch of oil to 375°F.
- 7Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls into skillet and press lightly to flatten.
- 8Fry for approximately 5 minutes per side or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
- 9Drain on paper towels.
- 10Note; To freeze potato pancakes, arrange in a single layer on baking sheet/ Freeze overnight/ Place in a resealable plastic bag/ Can be frozen up to 2 months/ To bake, place frozen pancakes on a lightly greased baking sheet/ Bake at 400F for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perked-up Potato Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.8
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 40.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 3.5 g