- 4 lbs chili-style ground beef, coarse grind
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Pace Picante Sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chili meat, onion and garlic in a heavy skillet, over medium-high heat.
- Add oregano, chili powder, cumin, tomatoes, Picante sauce,.
- and hot water.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer about an hour.
- Add jalapeno, salt and pepper and cook an additional 15 minutes.