Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A recipe which is influenced by African and Mediterranean cuisine where the fire in the Peri Peri Chilies is balanced with the sweetness of the Raisins.
- 1. Mix the turmeric, paprika, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala in the yoghurt and then add the chicken into the marinade and keep for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Make a paste out of the peri peri chilies, the garlic, the ginger, the tomatoes and the onion.
- 3. Add the oil to a wok, add the paste and mix well.
- 4. Cook at medium heat until the oil separates.
- 5. Add the salt and oregano and mix well and let it cook further until the oil separates again.
- 6. Add the chicken and any remaining marinade and continue cooking at medium heat.
- 7. Once the mixture starts boiling, add the raisins and cook under low fire for about 20 minutes.
- 8. Serve with boiled rice.
- 9. Bless the chef.