Never mind buying those little EXPENSIVE packets of taco seasonings ever again. You have all the herbs on your shelf (I hope!) to make PERFECTLY seasoned taco meat every time!
- Saute meat (and onion if using fresh); drain fat if necessary; turn heat to low.
- Sprinkle dried onion, herbs and seasonings over the meat; stir to mix well.
- Add water; stirring again.
- Cover and simmer on low for 10-15 minutes, until most of the water has been absorbed; remove lid and let dry; remove from heat.
- USES: Tacos, burritoes, enchiladas, taco salad, sloppy taco joes, nachoes, taco dip.
- BRILLIANT IDEA: Pour dried onion flakes, seasonings and herbs into a pile on a small square of foil. Close tightly, store in a zippered plastic baggie. Use as you would a store-bought packet!