Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
THIS STUFF IS ADDICTIVE!!!!! I actually package this in snack-size bags for myself so that I will not eat the whole batch at once/lol! You can add or delete ingredients as you wish. I have sometimes added Chex cereal instead of the oyster crackers, added bagel chips, etc. The possibilities are endless, but it is the wonderful seasoning blend that makes this mix a hit at every family get-together, as well as game night with the guys!
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 package hidden valley ranch dry ranch dressing mix
- 8 ounces bags miniature pretzel twists
- 8 ounces bagsof sourdough nibbler pretzels
- 5 1⁄3-8 ounces bags oyster crackers
- In small bowl, whisk together first 5 ingredients.
- In large bowl, toss together pretzels and crackers.
- Pour dressing mixture over top, and toss well to coat evenly.
- Spread mixture onto large baking pan and bake at 300 degrees for 10-15 min.
- ,mixing once halfway through baking time.
- Let cool, and store in airtight container or ziplock bag.
I doubled this recipe since it's summer time and have alot of 'little' visitors. My DH is not at all a fan of pretzels, but he could not stop at one serving. Like Karen=^..^= had mentioned, my DS's weren't fans of the oyster crackers, and I'm not sure why, but they were eating around them.
This is perfectly seasoned! The kids loved it, but went more for the pretzels over the crackers...they didn't seem to absorb much of the seasoning. Next time I am going to try the Chex or maybe even Cheez-its instead of the oyster crackers for a different texture. This was very easy, but I would suggest doubling it because it was almost gone in one night! Thanks for sharing!