Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I know there's billions of CCC recipes out there. But I have some horrible critics at my house and they love these! Plus, they aren't flat like some ccc cookies - ah, there's a secret to that!
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (optional)
- Cream butter, shortening, eggs, brown & granulated sugar together.
- Then add (one at a time) salt, baking soda, flour & cocoa.
- Once this has been thoroughly incorporated into the mix, stir chips on a slower mix as not to mulch the chocolate.
- Spoon and drop onto cookie sheets and place into oven for 7-9 minutes.
- Cookies should come out golden and luscious.
- Let rest on sheets for a minute before transferring onto paper towels for final cooling.
I like a more chewy cookie, so this was perfect. I chose to add the optional cocoa powder. Made for PAC Fall '08. :)