1/3 Photos of Perfectly Rich and Chewy Chocolate-Chip Cookies
These rich & chewy cookies are truly heavenly, a true family favorite. Hope you like them, too. Vanilla-chocolate scented batter and rich chocolate chips with a scattering of butterscotch morsels, hints of maple and coffee/mocha, plus chunks of walnuts really sets these cookies apart from the usual. ENJOY! Perfect with a cup of coffee or a glass of ice cold milk. Bet you can't eat just one! ;-) *Note: These cookies freeze really well, too. Simply place freshly baked cookies in an airtight container or double freezer bag (for best results freeze cookies the same day you bake them), and store in the freezer for up to one month.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening (I use butter flavor Crisco)
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached flour (or 2 cups all-purpose flour)
- 2 tablespoons dry instant coffee granules (such as Sanka)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, cream sugars with butter and shortening.
- 3Beat in egg and extracts. Add coffee granules, mix well.
- 4In a medium bowl, blend the flour, baking soda, and salt with a wire whisk.
- 5Add chocolate chips, butterscotch morsels, and nuts to the flour mixture. Stir well.
- 6Add flour mixture to the butter mixture, stir just until blended.
- 7Drop by tablespoonfuls (I use a cookie scoop) two inches apart onto greased cookie sheets.
- 8Bake 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes. With a spatula transfer warm cookies to rack to finish cooling.
- 10(TIP: These cookies freeze well. For best results, freeze cookies the same day you bake them. A gallon size Ziplock freezer bag works well.).
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfectly Rich and Chewy Chocolate-Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1056 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.8
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 13.4 mg
- Sodium 106.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g