Recipe by White Rose Child
This yummy pitawich (!!) is great for breakfast, or if you're craving sweets, it can be a bit like lunch and dessert combined!
Top Review by 2Bleu
This was very tasty, although I would suggest warming the pita, and adding some whipped cream or Recipe #210323 which I could see as outstanding with this one. (ok, I know cause I made them both tonight. Sweet Accidents! Thanks for sharing this one WRC.
- 1 small pita bread (small= 8 in. round)
- 2 -3 tablespoons almond butter (or sunflower seed butter)
- 1 banana
- 1⁄3 cup frozen strawberries, chopped (you can also buy them pre-sliced)
- 1⁄2 pink lady apple (you can use any sweet apple but Pink Ladies are almost like candy)
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Defrost the strawberries in a small bowl in the microwave till they are warmed through and a little gooey. Meanwhile, grate the apple (coarse side of the grater).
- Spread the nut/seed butter as thickly as you like on half of the pita.
- Slice the banana into rounds. Cover the nut butter with banana slices.
- Mash the strawberries a bit, and stir in the grated apple. Dump the apple/strawberry mixture on top of the banana and spread on evenly.
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon, if you wish- it's totally delish either way. Now fold pita in half (to eat like a taco, obviously) and savor the creamy, fruity goodness!