Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Because these are baked after frying, they remain juicy and non-greasy.
- 24 chicken drummettes
- 1 cup hot sauce (Louisiana, Crystal, Frank's or Garlic Cajun brand, not Tabasco)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups oil
- 24 celery ribs
- 24 baby carrots
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- Rinse wings and pat very dry with paper towels.
- Pour 2" oil into a heavy large saucepan. Heat oil to 350-375 degrees. Carefully lower wings into oil and fry in batches for 11 minutes.
- Mix hot sauce and butter. Toss wings in 3/4 sauce (leave rest for dipping).
- Heat oven 375 degrees. Spread wings on baking sheet, bake 15 minutes.
- Serve w/ extra dipping hot sauce, celery, carrots & blue cheese dressing.
- [Notes about frying: A visual que to tell that the oil is nearing correct temperature is that the edge of wooden spoon will start to give off small bubbles in the oil. The high sides of a pot reduces splatter. The heaviness of the pot will help keep the heat up. Make sure to keep the heat up after adding the wings, as the oil temperature usually comes down a good 25 to 75 degrees.].