Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A weekly favorite in our house! Awesome for company, in-laws or for babysitter to serve (just make ahead and reheat small portions in micro).
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin
- salt, pepper & garlic to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 envelope hunter brown gravy mix
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 -2 clove minced garlic (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season pork while heating oil over medium high heat.
- Quickly brown pork on all sides and remove to a roasting pan.
- Deglaze skillet with 1/4 cup water and pour over pork.
- Make Hunter gravy in skillet according to package directions.
- Pour over pork.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes.
- While pork bakes, saute mushrooms in butter and garlic over medium low heat for 10-15 minutes until nicely brown.
- After initial 45 minutes baking time, stir in mushrooms and continue baking uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Slice pork into medallions and fan over rice pilaf or egg noodles.
- Spoon sauce over and pass the extra.
I used pork chops and had to just reduce the baking time. Very easy and tasty. The pork chops baked in the gravy were super moist.