Recipe by Manami
I have been making this recipe for ages now and when I first found it, it was on the side of Hershey's Cocoa Tin. As a matter of fact, my mother used to make this for my sister and me in Cuba, when we weren't even so little. Found this on hershey's web site.
Top Review by Marie Nixon
This is a great recipe for me since I am the only one in the family that drinks hot cocoa. I made it using Splenda and 1%fat milk. It was delicious. I added a healthy spoonful of whipped topping. Great tasting!
- 29.58 ml sugar or 29.58 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 9.85-14.78 ml hershey"s cocoa
- 0.25 ml salt
- 236.59 ml milk
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in large mug.
- Heat milk in microwave at HIGH(100%) for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until hot.
- Gradually add hot milk to cocoa mixture in mug, stirring until well blended.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Rich and Adult: Increase cocoa to 2 tablespoons; follow recipe.
- Lower Fat: Use nonfat milk; follow recipe.
- Sugar Free: Omit sugar. Combine cocoa and salt. Proceed as above, using nonfat milk. Stir in vanilla and sugar substitute with sweetening of 2 tablespoons sugar.