I have been making this recipe for ages now and when I first found it, it was on the side of Hershey's Cocoa Tin. As a matter of fact, my mother used to make this for my sister and me in Cuba, when we weren't even so little. Found this on hershey's web site.
- Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in large mug.
- Heat milk in microwave at HIGH(100%) for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until hot.
- Gradually add hot milk to cocoa mixture in mug, stirring until well blended.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Rich and Adult: Increase cocoa to 2 tablespoons; follow recipe.
- Lower Fat: Use nonfat milk; follow recipe.
- Sugar Free: Omit sugar. Combine cocoa and salt. Proceed as above, using nonfat milk. Stir in vanilla and sugar substitute with sweetening of 2 tablespoons sugar.