Prep 4 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have been making this recipe for ages now and when I first found it, it was on the side of Hershey's Cocoa Tin. As a matter of fact, my mother used to make this for my sister and me in Cuba, when we weren't even so little. Found this on hershey's web site.
- Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in large mug.
- Heat milk in microwave at HIGH(100%) for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until hot.
- Gradually add hot milk to cocoa mixture in mug, stirring until well blended.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Rich and Adult: Increase cocoa to 2 tablespoons; follow recipe.
- Lower Fat: Use nonfat milk; follow recipe.
- Sugar Free: Omit sugar. Combine cocoa and salt. Proceed as above, using nonfat milk. Stir in vanilla and sugar substitute with sweetening of 2 tablespoons sugar.
This is a great recipe for me since I am the only one in the family that drinks hot cocoa. I made it using Splenda and 1%fat milk. It was delicious. I added a healthy spoonful of whipped topping. Great tasting!
excellent recipe for when you run out of hot chocolate. my daughter loves it
A classic! So easy to make and so much better than store-bought.