Top Review by Countrywife
Oh! I love this salad! I had a similar recipie years and years ago, but it disappeared over time. This is a wonderful, light and tasty salad. Nice sweet and sour flavor. It's especially good for summer evenings and when lettuce goes up to the cost of a small roast.
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cabbage, Finely Shredded
- 1 cup celery, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, Chopped
- 2 slices pimientos (1 jar;Drain and chop the jar of pimientos.)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, soften gelatine in lemon juice; t stand 1 minute.
- Over low heat, cook until gelatine dissolves.
- Add water, sugar, vinegar and salt; stir until sugar disssolves.
- Chill until partially set.
- Fold in remaining ingredients; pour into lightly oiled 6-cup mold.
- Chill until set, about 3 hours or overnight.
- Refrigerate leftovers.