Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is another of my mother's recipes. She would always make this in individual molds and top each with mayonnaise. The recipe calls for 1 envelope of Knox gelatin(I do not know the actual ounce size so this is just a guess). Cooking time includes chilling time.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green peppers
- Pour cold water in bowl and sprinkle gelatin on top of water.
- Add sugar, salt and hot water, stir until dissolved.
- Add vinegar and limon juice, cool.
- When mixture begins to thicken, add remaining ingredients.
- Turn into mold, refrigerate until firm.