Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is another of my mother's recipes. She would always make this in individual molds and top each with mayonnaise. The recipe calls for 1 envelope of Knox gelatin(I do not know the actual ounce size so this is just a guess). Cooking time includes chilling time.
- Pour cold water in bowl and sprinkle gelatin on top of water.
- Add sugar, salt and hot water, stir until dissolved.
- Add vinegar and limon juice, cool.
- When mixture begins to thicken, add remaining ingredients.
- Turn into mold, refrigerate until firm.