Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Taste of Home.
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 (5 ounce) packages mixed baby lettuces and spring greens
- 2 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; whisk in oil. Chill until serving.
- In a salad bowl, combine the salad greens, apples, cherries, pecans and onion. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
This is a nice refreshing salad Boomie. It was light and full of flavor. I thought that all the ingredients blended well together. The apple, cherry, pecan and onions added a nice assortment of textures to the dish. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC. :)
Mmmm, this was really good! I used a mix of green leaf lettuce and spinach leaves for the greens. I enjoyed all the different flavors and the dressing was nice! Thanks! Made for Newest Zaar tag.
This was our official salad for the Thanksgiving feast and it was enjoyed by everyone! I used regular mayo (not reduced fat), good quality maple syrup and omitted the 2 tsp. sugar. We like butter lettuce because it holds up well to heavier dressings, fresh Granny Smith apple from my bro's yard, dried *tart* cherries. Yum! Thank you for posting the recipe! 5 stars as made.