I adopted this recipe in Aug. 2006 & will add input whenever I prepare it. It originally was posted Dec 11, 2002. Original comments: "The best vodka sauce I've ever had. Restaurants wish they had this recipe. Really, it's true."
- In a large frying/saute pan add oil, butter and garlic, saute on low flame until oil starts to bubble.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Cook covered on a low flame for about 30 minutes.
- Add vodka.
- Cook uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Add prosciutto-- cook 5 more minutes.
- Add basil and heavy cream-- cook just 5 more minutes.
- SERVE IT NOW!
- I like this over penne pasta.
- I only use Barilla.