Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the dressing that my mom has always used, for as long as I can remember. When I was a kid, ofcourse being contrary and wanting something different, I alway pleaded for store-bought salad dressings (and never got them, my mom knew what was healthier), thinking homemade was boring. Now whenever I return home I beg my mom to make lots of salad with this dressing. I really like vinegary salads and if you do too you will definatly enjoy this. Great on romain lettuce with tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions and homemade croutons. This dressing will keep for up to 5 days in sealed jar in fridge. I was not sure of the quantities of vinegar/oil because we're an "eye out" kind of family but I think this is about right. Add more oil or less vinegar if you don't like it sour like we do.
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon corn oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Put all ingredients in jar with tight fitting lid.
- Shake jar until ingredients are all mixed together.
- Do not pour onto salad until ready to serve.