Recipe by Soleilbb
Juicy meatballs made with lean ground turkey breast and seasoned with garlic, fresh ginger, and a touch of soy. They do not taste oriental as the seasonings may suggest, but easy to tweak in that direction as desired. All that and low fat, too!
- 16 ounces lean turkey breast, ground
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oil, for browning
Directions See How It's Made
- Into a medium bowl, mix all ingredients except the oil.
- Form into approximately 16 meatballs.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-low heat and add meatballs, browning as desired.
- When browned as desired, add 1/2 - 3/4 cup water to skillet and cover with lid; simmer over medium-low heat for approximately 20 minutes or until a split meatball is no longer pink inside and the juices are clear.