Recipe by Emjay99
Never will you find white turkey meat so moist and juicy as when you prepare it in this way! Double the ingredients for double the bird.
Top Review by carole in orlando
A very nice way to cook a turkey breast. I followed the recipe and then after covering it with foil and baking it for one hour I uncovered it and put Herbs de Provence and a little olive oil on the top and baked it for one more hour uncovered. It is so moist and tender. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
- 1⁄2 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cans chicken stock
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- cold water
- 12 lbs frozen young turkey, completely thawed,giblets and neck removed (use neck for gravy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the turkey in the bucket or large non-aluminum pasta pot big enough so that it can be submerged in liquid.
- Dissolve salt and brown sugar in the chicken stock, apple juice and white wine.
- Add the herbs and pour over the turkey.
- Add cold water until the turkey is completely submerged under liquid.
- If the bucket has a lid then cover it or use plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 24 hours prior to roasting.
- When ready to roast, remove turkey from the brine.
- Discard the brine- do not use it to make gravy.
- Pat the turkey dry with paper towels.
- Stuff the turkey if you wish.
- Brush with oil or melted butter season with seasoning salt and roast in the usual manner.
- Boil up the neck and make the gravy from the stock.