Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Pasta can be so flexible. This tomato eggplant version is delicious :P
- 8 ounces dried spaghetti
- 1⁄2 lb eggplant
- 1⁄2 lb tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh herb, chopped
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese, for grating
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium high. Add the garlic and toast it lightly, then add the vegetables and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until caramelized. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook it for 1 minute less than the shortest time listed on the package.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a cup of the cooking water. Toss the pasta in the pan with the vegetables and cook for 30 seconds. If the pasta is dry, add a bit of the cooking water. Toss in the chopped herbs and serve with grated cheese.