Recipe by Kathy(
I have trouble with flat cookies ( I blame the high altitude in Colorado), but I successfully achieved a thick cookie with this recipe.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Really good cookies! I also do not like when cookies spread and end up flat and crispy. On the other hand I have found others that are thick cookies, but turn out cakey tasting. These are perfect. Thick and chewy and LOADED with chocolate chips! Everyone is eating them up, I will have to hide some for later!! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter, cut into 1 ounce pieces
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons dark rum (don't leave this out!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 300.
- In a sifter combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Sift onto wax paper. Set aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar 4 minutes on medium speed until soft. Scrape bowl.
- Add eggs, rum, and vanilla. Beat 1 minute on medium speed. Scrape bowl.
- On low speed, gradually add flour mixture (should take about a minute).
- Add chocolate chips and mix 30 seconds on low. Use a spatula to finish mixing dough if needed.
- Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of dough per cookie onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 28-30 minutes, rotating cookie sheet once during baking. I bake my cookies about 25-26 minutes so they are a bit more soft/chewy.