1 hr 30 mins
Culinary Inspiration's Note:
I love a really good Thai soup and after many years experimenting I've finally landed on a Thai Chicken Soup Stock that I absolutely love. It's delicious with just the broth or add sliced chicken (or duck) breasts and some wide rice noodles to make it a full meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice 3 inch section of ginger root lengthwise and quarter 1 onion. Place into hot pan or on grill and cook until blackened.
- 2In large pot combine Chicken Stock, Blackened Onion and Ginger, Star Anise, Peppercorns, Nuoc Mam, Sugar, 1 Shallot halved, Lemon Grass crushed, and the Whole Chicken with skin and breast meat removed (you can use that later broiled and sliced to add to soup).
- 3Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer covered for about 50 minutes.
- 4Strain broth through a sieve or cheesecloth and return clear broth to pan.
- 5Add 1/2 cup minced Onions, 1/2 cup chopped Cilantro, 2 T chopped fresh Sage, 1 seeded and thinly sliced Red Chili, 1/4 cup minced Shallots, and 1/4 cup thinly sliced Green Onions.
- 6Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- 7Serve as is or add cooked wide rice noodles, sliced chicken or duck breasts, and some bean sprouts. For a little extra spice add 1/2 teaspoon of Sriracha chili sauce per 1-2 cups of broth. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Thai Chicken Soup Stock
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.9
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 172.1 mg
- Sodium 978.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 47.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: