1/5 Photos of Perfect Tenderloin Steak - Bali Style
A nice juicy steak with a spicy, Balinese twist. One of the specialties of Café Loetje, The Netherlands.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take your steak out of cooling far ahead of time - If the meat is too cold, it is more likely to sear too slowly and loose its juices.
- 2Add a pinch of pepper and salt - Salting the meat beforehand adds flavour to the gravy.
- 3Heat the pan to medium heat and melt the butter - Use a high flame in order for the butter to bubble. Make sure not to burn the butter and do not leave the pan from this point on.
- 4Add the steaks to the pan as soon as the butter is done bubbling - Keep flame on high, in order for the steaks to sear quickly.
- 5Turn the steaks over after a minute or so - In order to get them nice and tan all around you have to keep turning the steaks over. Use a set of tongs instead of a fork in order to keep the fluids from flowing out.
- 6Make sure the gravy does not turn too brown on the high flame - In order to still make sure that the steak is at the proper temperature on the inside, use a lower flame for the last two minutes or so.
- 7Your steaks are finished if they have a nice all around tan and brown shade.
- 8Place the steaks onto the plate and add some sambal to the gravy - Mix one tablespoon of sambal through the gravy by stirring it over a low flame.
- 9Pour the gravy on top of the steak - Allow to sit for a few minutes to let the meat absorb some of the gravy.
- 10Serve with french fries, a light salad and some white bread to dip into the gravy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Tenderloin Steak - Bali Style
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.3
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 106.8 mg
- Sodium 354.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef tenderloin steaks
sambal oelek chili paste