Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made these with an awesome Ninja Blender and they turned into the perfect consistency. If you are using a blender with lower horsepower you should either get a Ninja or allow the strawberries to thaw slightly before blending them.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup white rum
- 4 cups frozen sliced strawberries
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Place sugar in blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Add lime and rum. Blend for 1 minute or until sugar has mostly dissolved.
- Add frozen strawberries. If you have a blender with lower horsepower, you may want to partially thaw the strawberries before adding. Blend on your ice-crushing speed until the strawberries have been pureed.
- Add two cups of crushed ice and blend on the crushing speed until all ingredients are fully broken down and incorporated.
- This is a very versatile recipe. I have experimented with less rum and more rum, more and less sugar, and added a tiny bit of water when I wanted a thinner drink. This is how I prefer it, but don't be shy about adjusting alcohol and sugar to your personal preference. ENJOY!