Recipe by Voyager 1977
From Yahoo Groups. The secret to making authentic Italian spaghetti with red sauce lies in the ingredients -- only the highest-quality ones will do. Fortunately, you can stock most of the ingredients you'll need for this recipe in your kitchen cupboard.
- 340.19 g spaghetti
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 4.92 ml salt
- 3.69 ml white sugar
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml dried onion flakes
- 591.47 ml chopped tomatoes
- 1.333 (226.79 g) can tomato paste
- 127.57 g can sliced mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef over medium heat. Drain off fat.
- In a large pot, combine beef, salt, sugar, oregano, pepper, garlic powder, onion flakes, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and mushrooms.
- Simmer at a low heat setting for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti.