Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love shrimp cocktails but hate the sauce they come with in the store or restaurants . When ever I go to mexico they make the most delicious Cocktails out of Shrimp, Clam ,Abalone or Octopus. I like the Shrimp the best but love the clam to. You can make a cocktail with all of these or just one.
- in a tall cup or a bowl squeeze the juice from both limes. juicy ones are best.
- I like to chop the shrimp first and let it soak in the lime juice while I chop the other ingredients.
- Chop avocado , cucumber and green onion to the size of your liking. I like everything pretty small.
- add all to the bowl and mix in catsup ( and tabasco if you want ). Mix well and enjoy.
- This recipes is really all to taste but the directions are just how I like it.
- You can add tomatoes , white onion, cilantro more or less lemon juice and/or catsup If you like. You can also add more or less shrimp, avocado, and/or cucumber. add salt and pepper if you like.
- remember if you use fresh raw clams to keep the juice from them for the cocktail . If you use abalone or octopus boil first.