1/1 Photo of Perfect Shortbread Cookies!
We got this recipe from a 1983 issue of Cuisine Magazine and it is perfection. It wouldn't be Christmas without this treat. Prep time below does not include chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Work cold butter with hands until soft and cream in the sugar. Mix flours and salt together and work into butter. Knead gently until soft (not oily) and forms a ball.
- 2Roll dough to 3/8-inch thickness on a cookie sheet, mark pieces with a ruler to make 1" x 2" cookies and prick each cookie with a fork three times. Chill dough at least one hour (but up to 48 hours is still OK).
- 3Heat oven to 375 degrees and reduce heat to 275 degrees as soon as you put the cookies in the oven.
- 4Cut cookies apart and place on baking sheets. Bake in center of the oven at 275 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Shortbread Cookies!
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 26
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.1
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 37.5 mg
- Sodium 169.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g