This is a mix combining what I love most about 3 different recipes. this truly makes the best shepherd's pie ever!!! Very quick to make! Kids LOVE it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cans condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 4 cups hot mashed potatoes, prepared (either fresh or from package)
- 2 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 3 -4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn, prepared
- 1 (16 ounce) package mixed vegetables, prepared (green beans, peas, carrots, corn etc.)
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 eggs
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste, undiluted
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400 dregrees.
- 2Grease bottom and sides of two 8x8 inch baking dishes.
- 3In a fry pan, combine ground beef, eggs, worcestershire, 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper, chopped onion, 2 teaspoons garlic powder,and some salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Drain fat and put into large mixing bowl.
- 6Add 1 can of tomato paste, 1 can cheese soup and the remaining 3 tablespoons crushed red pepper and mix until evenly coated in sauce and soup mix.
- 7Stir in 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, and all vegetables; mix well.
- 8In a seperate bowl, combine mashed potatoes, 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, 1 can tomato paste, 1 can soup, and 2 tbsp, garlic powder.
- 9Stir together until mixed completely.
- 10Pour half of meat and veggies mixture into the bottom of each pan and spread evenly.
- 11Do the same with the potato topping onto the top of the meat layer.
- 12Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese evenly over the tops of each pan.
- 13Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes lightly brown just a little.
- 14Serve and enjoy!
- 15Recipe can be cut in half for smaller serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.9
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 199.7 mg
- Sodium 1408.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 42.3 g