Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a mix combining what I love most about 3 different recipes. this truly makes the best shepherd's pie ever!!! Very quick to make! Kids LOVE it!
- 2 cans condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 4 cups hot mashed potatoes, prepared (either fresh or from package)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 3 -4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn, prepared
- 1 (16 ounce) package mixed vegetables, prepared (green beans, peas, carrots, corn etc.)
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 eggs
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste, undiluted
- Pre-heat oven to 400 dregrees.
- Grease bottom and sides of two 8x8 inch baking dishes.
- In a fry pan, combine ground beef, eggs, worcestershire, 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper, chopped onion, 2 teaspoons garlic powder,and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain fat and put into large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 can of tomato paste, 1 can cheese soup and the remaining 3 tablespoons crushed red pepper and mix until evenly coated in sauce and soup mix.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, and all vegetables; mix well.
- In a seperate bowl, combine mashed potatoes, 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, 1 can tomato paste, 1 can soup, and 2 tbsp, garlic powder.
- Stir together until mixed completely.
- Pour half of meat and veggies mixture into the bottom of each pan and spread evenly.
- Do the same with the potato topping onto the top of the meat layer.
- Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese evenly over the tops of each pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes lightly brown just a little.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Recipe can be cut in half for smaller serving.
This recipe was very good, but it was very hot! I followed the recipe exactly except for I only used 1TBS of the Red pepper flakes and it still came out too hot for my DH to eat. I even double checked to make sure I added the correct ingredient and I did. I will definitely make it again, but I will leave out the crushed red pepper entirely.
What a great and inexpensive dinner that feeds a large amount and is great for OAMC! Thanks!