Recipe by AZRoxy63
This is a mix combining what I love most about 3 different recipes. this truly makes the best shepherd's pie ever!!! Very quick to make! Kids LOVE it!
Top Review by Elboe Bethel
This recipe was very good, but it was very hot! I followed the recipe exactly except for I only used 1TBS of the Red pepper flakes and it still came out too hot for my DH to eat. I even double checked to make sure I added the correct ingredient and I did. I will definitely make it again, but I will leave out the crushed red pepper entirely.
- 2 cans condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 4 cups hot mashed potatoes, prepared (either fresh or from package)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 3 -4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn, prepared
- 1 (16 ounce) package mixed vegetables, prepared (green beans, peas, carrots, corn etc.)
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 eggs
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste, undiluted
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400 dregrees.
- Grease bottom and sides of two 8x8 inch baking dishes.
- In a fry pan, combine ground beef, eggs, worcestershire, 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper, chopped onion, 2 teaspoons garlic powder,and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain fat and put into large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 can of tomato paste, 1 can cheese soup and the remaining 3 tablespoons crushed red pepper and mix until evenly coated in sauce and soup mix.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, and all vegetables; mix well.
- In a seperate bowl, combine mashed potatoes, 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, 1 can tomato paste, 1 can soup, and 2 tbsp, garlic powder.
- Stir together until mixed completely.
- Pour half of meat and veggies mixture into the bottom of each pan and spread evenly.
- Do the same with the potato topping onto the top of the meat layer.
- Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese evenly over the tops of each pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes lightly brown just a little.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Recipe can be cut in half for smaller serving.