Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Reminiscent of Arby's curly fries.
Make and share this Perfect Seasoned French Fries recipe from Food.com.
- Cut fries as desired.
- Soak COVERED with cold water for 2-3 hrs (more won't hurt - this dispenses with the starch that keeps them from browning nicely).
- Blot dry.
- First fry - in batches AT *300* degrees until just tender (yes, this is a lower temp than you would think).
- When all are done with first fry, toss gently, but well, with seasonings.
- Second fry - Increase oil temp to *400* degrees, frying until golden & beautiful.
- ALTERNATIVE TO FRYING:.
- In boiling water, place fries in & boil 3 minutes - no longer!
- Set aside to cool, toss with seasonings.
- On baking sheet sprayed with light mist of oil, place potatoes so they are not touching each other.
- Spray them lightly with oil.
- Bake in preheated 450 degree oven for 18 - 24 minutes until golden & crunchy.