Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salsa is like baby bear's porridge: just right! For me that is, and hopefully for you too. It has just the right amount of heat, with the secret ingredient being liquid smoke, which adds a layer of slight smokiness. It should be allowed to sit, preferably overnight. The flavors develop after being mixed together, so when you taste while making it, realize that you will be able to taste more of the heat after giving it some time.
- 2 (15 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes, with no salt added
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 -6 jalapeno peppers, seeds and veins removed, diced fine
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green peppers
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 lime juice
- Mix all ingredients. Season to taste.