1/4 Photos of Perfect Roasted Chicken
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a very flavorful and simple way to roast a chicken. Recipe inspired by Barefoot Contessa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2After removing giblets (discard or save for another recipe), salt and pepper inside of chicken.
- 3Stuff the cavity with thyme, lemon quarters and garlic halves.
- 4Brush the outside of the chicken with melted butter.
- 5Salt and pepper outside of chicken.
- 6Tie the legs together with string (good idea to soak string in water prior so it won't burn in the oven) and tuck the wings under the body.
- 7Cook in oven for 1 1/2 hours or until done.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.9
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 187.7 mg
- Sodium 214.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 43.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: