Recipe by Ingy
This is a very flavorful and simple way to roast a chicken. Recipe inspired by Barefoot Contessa.
Top Review by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
YAY a chicken victory for me, FINALLY! I could not be easier or tastier! I agonize over the timing of roasted chicken. This recipe was spot on! Very juicy and flavorful w/o any of the seasonings being overpowering in any way. I roasted the 4# chicken @ 400°/ convection oven. It was done in 90 minutes. I let it rest and carved it. I did add a couple things to the ingredients list. I substituted 1 teaspoon dried thyme for fresh and added a bit of olive oil to the softened butter & a squeeze of lemon juice. When I made gravy from the drippings, I added a splash of white wine. DELICIOUS. My family raved over it. Thanks Ina & Ingy!
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 head garlic, halved
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- After removing giblets (discard or save for another recipe), salt and pepper inside of chicken.
- Stuff the cavity with thyme, lemon quarters and garlic halves.
- Brush the outside of the chicken with melted butter.
- Salt and pepper outside of chicken.
- Tie the legs together with string (good idea to soak string in water prior so it won't burn in the oven) and tuck the wings under the body.
- Cook in oven for 1 1/2 hours or until done.