1/2 Photos of Perfect Roast Potatoes
1 hr 5 mins
A must with roast beef or Christmas dinner here in England. Not the healthiest way to make potatoes, but so good that every once in a while it's worth it. Beautifully crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. This is adapted from a Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall recipe. My favourite TV chef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut your peeled potatoes into chunks, approximately the size of an egg.
- 2Par-boil them in salted water for about 8 minutes.
- 3Set aside and leave to cool completely.
- 4Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas 6.
- 5Pour the oil and dripping into a large roasting tin and place in the hot oven to heat.
- 6Rough up the sides of the potatoes by scratching them with a fork and season with salt.
- 7When the oil is hot, carefully place the potatoes in a single layer in the oil.
- 8Baste or turn over immediately, so they are coated with oil on all sides.
- 9Roast for 45 minutes, turning at least once.
- 10After that time, it's up to you to decide whether they are crispy enough or whether to give them another 15 minutes.
- 11Drain of fat and place on paper towels to absorb more access fat.
- 12Season again with salt before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Roast Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.0
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: