1/1 Photo of Perfect Roast Chicken
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
cooking with love's Note:
There are hundreds of ways to roast a chicken. This one gave a nice simple and juicy flavor that my family loved. It was declared a "don't lose this recipe mom." I used a Hawaiian salt on the chicken but any coarse salt would work. The Hawaiian salt just adds a bit of a different flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Rinse and dry chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper inside the cavity as much as you like.
- 3Place the lemon and ginger slices and garlic cloves inside the cavity.
- 4Place in a shallow roasting pan and rub on some olive oil.
- 5Season the outside with more salt and pepper.
- 6Roast 15 minutes then decrease heat to 375 degrees.
- 7Roast an additional 65 minutes. Do not open the door during this process.
- 8Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.6
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 100.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 25.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: