Prep 24 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
- 2 -4 lbs beef roast
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1⁄2 liter beef broth
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Rub soy sauce, herbs, and pepper into beef.
- Place in deep roasting pan and cover completely with aluminium foil.
- Place in fridge and marinate overnight.
- Cut 4 (random) small, deep slits in beef and insert peeled, whole, garlic cloves until they are "lost" in the beef.
- Drizzle honey over roast.
- Dissolve onion soup in heated beef broth and pour mixture into the roasting pan.
- Roast covered in preheated oven at 300F until cooked to preferred "doneness" (usually at least 1 hour).
- Place roast on board for carving.
- Pour broth into a pot and add flour.
- Stir continuously at medium heat until thickened (usually 8-10 mins).
Good recipe. Thanks.