Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I got this recipe from my boyfriend's mother. I was really skeptical, but she swore by the recipe. I tinkered with the spices a tad and followed the directions EXACTLY and was absolutely thrilled when this produced a perfect medium rare roast beef! (Be sure that your roast is FROZEN.)
- 3 -4 lbs rump roast, frozen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons mrs. dash garlic and herb seasoning
- Mix the salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash seasoning in a small bowl.
- Rub roast with the olive oil and place in a heavy ovenproof pan (cast iron is recommended).
- Coat roast with spice mixture.
- Place in 500 degree oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Turn off oven and leave roast in oven with door shut for 1 hour.
- Transfer to serving platter and slice to serve.