Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I found that one at a doc's office and copied it. It works really well. Cooking time includes the warming time, actual roasting time and resting time.
- 6 lbs beef rib roast, tied
- 1 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons onions, finely minced
- 4 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 4 teaspoons parsley, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme, freshly minced
- coarse pepper
- Let the roast sit for about 1 hour to to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, onion, garlic, parsley, thyme and some pepper.
- Rub roast with salt, then rub on the flour mix.
- Place in a roasting pan and bake for about 1 1/2 hour or more till the inner temperature reaches 130°-140°F for medium rare.
- Let rest covered with foil for about 30 minutes before carving.
This was the best roast beef I have ever made....so tender and it was just a top round roast not a rib roast! I will only cook a roast this way now-no more tough meat! Very easy directions to follow and can be modified to suit any size roast.
This is a wonderful and very easy recipe. My family and I absolutely loved it. We will make it again very soon. The taste was wonderful and the meat was just falling apart-just the way we like it---thank you for a wonderful recipe !