Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
If anyone has the Wolfgang Puck pressure cooker from HSN, you know the recipes that came with it are pretty sparse. Here's one I devised for risotto that turned out beyond perfect. Give it a try! Technique is based on green risotto recipe in the instruction book.
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- black pepper, to taste for finishing
- 1 -3 tablespoon romano cheese or 1 -3 tablespoon parmesan cheese, for finishing
- Heat oil in cooker using the vegetable function. Add onion and saute until tender and translucent.
- Add rice and stock. Lock lid in place.
- Select rice function and set timer for 15 minutes.
- When cycle is done and all pressure has been released, open lid.
- Stir in black pepper to taste and 1 - 3 tbs romano or parmesan cheese, also to taste. Serve immediately.
To be fair I gave this recipe 4-stars as I don't have a WP pressure cooker, I have a Cuisinart. Found this recipe a bit gummy and not so creamy also a bit bland even after adding lots of parmesan cheese. I will need to try another recipe to compare the risotto consistancy that my pressure cooker makes. Glad others enjoyed your recipe, I was hoping too.
I made this in my WP 5 quart PC and it came out wonderful. I will definately make this again - very easy and super fast.
I don't have a Puck cooker, but this worked fine in my Fagor. Easy and tasty, and a whole lot less work than the regular method! We don't have risotto often because of the time it takes. Now we can have it quick! Made for Spring 2008 PAC.