Recipe by Jainagirl
If anyone has the Wolfgang Puck pressure cooker from HSN, you know the recipes that came with it are pretty sparse. Here's one I devised for risotto that turned out beyond perfect. Give it a try! Technique is based on green risotto recipe in the instruction book.
Top Review by Suze D.
We make all types of risotto. I do not use as much oil as he has in the recipe book, but, other than that I follow the amounts he suggests. With pressure cooking always have at least one cup of liquid, whatever liquid you want, spaghetti sauce, chicken stock, wine, whatever, depending on what you are cooking . In the case of this rice, make sure you use Aborio rice. We have made it broccoli cheese, with zucchini, with carrots, a mixture of veggies, just cheese at the end after it has cooked. Experiment. I am off the try making a cheesecake.
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- black pepper, to taste for finishing
- 1 -3 tablespoon romano cheese or 1 -3 tablespoon parmesan cheese, for finishing
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in cooker using the vegetable function. Add onion and saute until tender and translucent.
- Add rice and stock. Lock lid in place.
- Select rice function and set timer for 15 minutes.
- When cycle is done and all pressure has been released, open lid.
- Stir in black pepper to taste and 1 - 3 tbs romano or parmesan cheese, also to taste. Serve immediately.