Recipe by Judikins
An easy and very palatable dish to go with other oven baked entries, like Dutch Baked Chicken, fresh grilled salmon, pork loin roast, etc.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup raw regular long grain rice
- 1 dash thyme
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In 1/4 cup butter cook onion, green pepper and mushrooms.
- Set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining butter and brown rice slightly.
- Add chicken broth and heat.
- Pour all ingredients into a 1 1/2 qt.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes or until iquid is absorbed.